Sunday, September 30, 2007

Party Time



Phoebes, They are really turning 3. I can hardly believe this. Well Little Miss Rylie Bird is indeed turning the big 3 and I am having a party for her in the infamous Pixie Woods. Now those of us from the 209 have fond memories of this mecca of all things fun...when we were children. The eyes of the innocent look past the cobwebs and chipped paint and see just pure fun. Ryles has been there a few times when I had play groups in the Summer and loved it. They have an Alice in Wonderland themed birthday party area, so I though how cute, she can be Alice for Halloween and we can have the party there....Took her to the fabric store (because I am either being ambitious or dumb, I haven't decided yet) to get the material and pattern to make her costume. All those who are seasoned parents have told me that was my first mistake. Homegirl looked through the books, and honestly Alice is boring, just a blue dress with a white apron....compared to the pink foo foo la la princess that she is now going to be (it has a cone hat with a veil and everything...) So I decided much to my chagrin, to let her pick what she wanted to be and now I am making a pretty pretty princess costume and still throwing the Alice bash. I got her, well Nana got her, the funniest shirt from the internet. It is an old school picture in color of the Alice in Wonderland artwork that you think of when you are thinking of the old school Lewis Carroll art work....And underneath the caption reads, "Who let Blondie in". I think actually it will work out better, her costume probably would have been torn up....So maybe in the end, everything works out ok...at least let's hope.


I have been in the habit (three years now, three times, that constitutes a habit right?) of making her birthday invites...here's the latest product. So Phoebes, Rache, Kristi, Kristin, Jules and anyone else that I am leaving out (Sorry!)...in the area, more than welcome...=)

3 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Those invitations are too cute! I love them! I only wish we lived closer. Girl, you were being ambitious. Just the thought of creating a costume...no thanks!

Rachel said...

i am impressed with the darling invites and the ambition to make the costume. i haven't ever done that because i'm LAZY; you must post pics of the princess in her la la gear. can't wait!

Phoebe said...

Wish we could be there! Reminds me, I better figure out what I am doing for Calvo's celebration.